Friday, November 10, 2006

Carville Changes his Tune

Then: A November 14, 2004 appearance on Meet the Press:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6485241/

MR. CARVILLE: Can I finish? I'm not going to be--in most Democrats, the nature of being a Democrat is we're just--that's just not--we won't be--we're not going to be an anti-gay party. We're not going to be. We're--I can be conflicted about abortion, but I'm not going to be a member of a political party that tells some 32-year-old single mother of two that, you know, "You can't have an abortion," whose ex-husband might beat the living dickens out of her. I can--we can say we can have a better alternative, we can be about different things but that's not the nature of being a Democrat.

Now: November 10, 2006

The candidate being floated to replace Dean? Harold Ford.
Says James Carville, one of the anti-Deaniacs, "Suppose Harold Ford became chairman of the DNC? How much more money do you think we could raise? Just think of the difference it could make in one day. Now probably Harold Ford wants to stay in Tennessee. I just appointed myself his campaign manager."
www.dailykos.com

So now it is suddenly okay to have a self-proclaimed very religious (did a commercial in a church), pro-life, pro-constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, head of the DNC?

So either Carville is a complete hypocrite which is a distinct possibility or alternatively Harold Ford Jr. lied about his beliefs in his recent Senate campaign. I happen to believe the latter and not the former but the jury is still out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home